Sunday, May 29, 2011

IVF here we come...again (sort of)

So we got the green light for an IVF cycle next month. AF arrived promptly on Friday (exactly 2 weeks after day 2 of IUI's) and I called the nurse at my clinic. At first the nurse starting listing everything we would have to do, and then I reminded her that we completed all of those steps in January. In case you don't know, we had started an IVF cycle in Jan after I learned my tubes were blocked in late October. Come to find out, the Lupron helped me to ovulate and when I went for my suppression check (ultrasound) there was a gestational sac. I did Lupron for a little over 2 weeks and that was the end of that IVF. Apparently at least one tube wasn't blocked. 

During our initial conversation the nurse said she would talk to my RE and give me a call back. She called a few hours later and gave me some tentative dates and my protocol. I will be doing the long Lupron protocol and was instructed to use some form of birth control this cycle. Here are the dates: Lupron start date June 16th, ultrasound/start stims July 1, retrieval July 12th. The only date I am going to count on in the Lupron start date. From there, I am going to roll with it. I am excited and nervous to have a plan in place and am now feeling much tighter with money. I want to do some research on ways to improve egg quality since this is a concern of mine. I am hoping there are some supplements are items I can add to my diet that will help. Anyone know of anything?

Around the homestead our garden is doing well. Below is the "map" I worked on this evening which shows everything we planted in our vegetable garden. A lot has come up from seeds, and some we planted as larger, already established plants. I will have to take a "real life" pic since it doesn't look as great as the map. 
I am so happy to have a 3 day weekend to relax. We always say weekends are too short and this one feels like a great amount of time. Only 2 weeks until our party so we are planning and working a lot on stuff around the house. I hope everyone is having a great weekend and getting as much beautiful weather as we are. 

7 comments:

  1. That garden looks beautiful! I love the herbs and sunflowers and yummy veg. That is exciting you have a plan in place for your next IVF. Having a plan gives so much hope. Praying this is the one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about my slow commenting... and so so sorry about your negative. With you on having a BFN but don't know what our next plan will be. Wow... what a fantastic veggie garden :)) Love to you always xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1- yay for getting your IVF protocol... Yay!
    #2- can't wait to see pics of the green! So jealous of the amount of space you have! I have an empty spot in ours, think I might plant some lettuce or spinach, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your iVF!!

    I am so jealous of your garden :(. I use to have a garden every year on our farm and planning it all out was the absolute best part-- harvesting was a close second :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting to get the ball rolling!!

    I wish I knew how to garden. *sigh* That was my goal to start this year... so far I haven't even weeded to prep anything. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited for you Liz!! Lovin your garden!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing garden! Wishing you the very best!!!

    ReplyDelete