Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let the fun continue

Some of my side effects have vanished (hot flashes, diarrhea) some continue (bitchiness, moodiness) and I had a new one last night (a rash all over the tops of my hands.) I'm not completely sure this is a side effect of the Lupron, but I looked online and it seemed like it could have been. I guess I started noticing it Saturday night when my left hand started itching like crazy and little bumps popped up. I really hadn't worried about it at all until last night when the backs of both of my hands became blotchy red, slightly raised, and burned when I washed them. Most of the kids I work with are sick right now so I was using my hand sanitizer quite a bit yesterday. This is when the burning started (I use it all the time and have never felt this before.) I got a little bit nervous last night, but was able to calm down. When I woke up this morning it had faded quite a bit. I'm trying not to let the side effects bother me, but I did freak a bit last night. Also, I had worse bruising last night at the point of injection and it became blotchy and red all around it. Today it looks a little red, but is mostly just a bruise. I haven't really had many headaches or been feeling very tired, so that is all good. I try to drink a lot of water during the day and that seems to help (minus all the additional bathroom trips.) Speaking of bathroom trips, I can no longer sleep through the night without getting up to pee. Ahh, the joys of it all. Other than that, just waiting on AF to show her face so I can start the stims. Reading through a book the other night I thought they made the whole IVF thing seem so simple and quick. Unfortunately, I have not felt that way.

In other news our doggie Togie has been having knee problems for a while. Today she is feeling REALLY bad and we are going to take her to the vet. We went x-country skiing for 2 hours on Sunday with my inlaws and their crazy dog. The vet recommended surgery previously, but I can't fathom spending that right now. I hope she is OK and that it doesn't cost us too much. She hasn't really moved much all day, yelped when I pet her, and wouldn't eat food out of my hand (VERY unusual for that piggy.) She appears to be feeling a little better so, but better take her and see what the vet has to say.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your nice comment. I hope your doggy is feeling better. I have a dog too, and I hate it when he isn't feeling well!
    To answer your question, I've been taking the Lupron since the 1st, so 13 days now. I'm not sure that Lupron actually controls the start of your cycle though. I think they say that because they know when you've ovulated, they then have you start the lupron a few days after you ovulate, therefore they know your period will come around 10 days later (since your period usually comes around 14 days after ovulation.) I'll keep you posted on what they say tomorrow....I am so ready to get the show on the road!

    ReplyDelete