Saturday, January 29, 2011

Feeling the love

So, Jessica at Knock Jessica Up made my day and gave me this fantastic award. Thank you so much for your recognition and support, it is nice to reach out to others in similar situations. 


This is how it works:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award some recently discovered bloggers that are deserving
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about the award

So here are 7 things about myself:
1. My husband and I met working at a restaurant. He was a cook and I worked on the other side of the "window". Perhaps the fact that he was a cook at the time dictated that he would become the cook in our house. We knew each other for a few years and hooked up a summer I had a boyfriend, oops! It all worked out for the best though.

2. We spent 2 winters living in Jackson Hole, WY being ski bums. We skiied to work and lived to ski. It was pretty amazing, especially when the snow was good. We got into backcountry skiing and loved the solitude of the woods. 


3. We looked about about 35 houses before we found the one for us. We didn't even put an offer in on any houses until we found "the one". We knew it as soon as we walked in.

4. We have two dogs and a cat, all black. We got a puppy almost 4 years ago and drove all the way to Ohio to get her. She is really big and hairy and is named after a mountain pass is Wyoming (Togwotee). We also have a labradoodle that we "adopted" from my parents. Actually, he adopted us (Pepper). Our cat (Hobie) is a siamese mix and is a big talker. He loves to sit on the outside of the tub while I take a bath. 



5. I have a 9-year old little brother who was adopted from China. Both my mom and Dad were adopted although they are no longer together. My step-dad never had any children of his own and decided that it would be a good idea in his late 50's. I was the baby for 24 years and then became the middle child. 


6. I spent a semester abroad in Athens, Greece and loved every minute of it. My husband and I are thinking about taking a trip there some time this spring before vacations will never be the same. 


7. I hate deep water other than pools. Whenever I swim in a lake or the ocean I need another person right by my side and often get a little freaked out. Good thing I am a pro at treading water. 

Awarding other bloggers is difficult, and I feel like a lot of these awards are going around the infertility blogs which are the ones I currently follow. I think most have been mentioned, but here are a few that may not have been:

Infertility Inferschmility who is mid-way through an IVF cycle and always has humorous posts. 
 Carlia at the Stork Drop Zone who recently found out she may have PCOS but is gearing up to start her IVF cycle
Krista at Diary of Taking Small Steps Towards Baby Steps who's blog I follow closely and has recently been struggling with OHSS. 
and Springvegan at baby dellosa who was the first blogger I found I could relate to


1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for thinking of me! :) i'm so jealous that you've been to athens and even more so that you're going back!

    ReplyDelete