Saturday, January 15, 2011

Crazy Dreams

Each morning I wake up and remember the crazy dream I had the previous night. I've read that one of the side effects of Lupron relates to having vivid dreams. I once had a dream dictionary that was very interesting. You could look up symbols that appeared in your dreams and try to interpret the dream. I wish I knew where that was these days, because I did find a good resource online. http://www.dreammoods.com/
Here are some symbols I have seen recently:



Starfish
To see a starfish in your dream, suggests a period of healing and regeneration. Alternatively, it indicates that you have many options to weigh and decisions to make- 

I dreamt last night that as I was leaving somewhere I noticed there were multiple starfish stuck to the bottom of my wheel wells of my car rather than snow. I think this makes a lot of sense. I have recently had a lot of decisions to make and am hoping for some regeneration in my life

Violence
In particular, to dream that the violence is directed to yourself, represents self punishment and guilt. You may be feeling helpless or vulnerable in some area of your life.

I dreamt about a lot of random violence in my dream last night. It kept erupting out of nowhere and I was always involved. I do feel sometimes like the infertility is my fault because the problem lies in me. Also, I feel completely helpless and vulnerable about our current baby-making situation. Vulnerable is a good adjective to use in particular.

Gun
To see a gun in your dream, symbolizes aggression, anger, and potential danger. You may be dealing with issues of passiveness/aggressiveness and authority/dependence. Alternatively, a gun represents the penis and male sexual drive. Thus, the gun may mean power or impotence, depending on whether the gun went off or misfired.

The gun definitely went off in my dream.

Tomatoes
To see a tomato in your dream, symbolizes domestic happiness and harmony

I dreamt I was chopping tomatoes into a large bucket last night. I'm not sure this actually has any meaning, but it sounds good to me.

Bucket
To see or carry a bucket in your dream, indicates an improvement in your current situation. If the bucket is filled, then it signifies abundance, love and wealth. If the bucket is empty, then it signifies that you will overcome some loss or conflict.

I chopped the tomatoes into a bucket that was quite full. I am hoping for an improvement in my current situation!

Chopping
To dream that you are chopping something, indicates that you are trying to cut your problems into smaller, more manageable sizes. You need to break up the issues and attack them piece by piece. Consider also the significance of the object that you are chopping.

Am I cutting away at our "domestic happiness and harmony"?

Wedding Ring
To see a wedding ring in your dream, represents completeness and eternal love.
To dream that you lose your wedding ring, signifies a problem or unresolved issue in your marriage.

As a chopped the tomatoes I took of my wedding rings. In my dream I had 3 rings when in fact I really only have two. Weird that I remember this detail, but not sure it means anything. I dreamt I took them off but then put them on once I finished chopping. I would say we have an unresolved issue though, no kids!

Greenhouse
To see or dream that you are in a greenhouse, represents transformation. You are experiencing some changes in your life brought about mainly as a result of your own doing. It also suggests that you may be too overly controlling. You want things done your way, but in the process you may be isolating yourself
.
I dreamt I was chopping my tomatoes in a greenhouse. I would love to have a little more control in this whole process! And yes, I did bring on this IVF thing (a big change). I have been trying to coax my period into coming, trying to have more control than I should.

Sister
To see your sister in your dream, symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturance, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role.

The other night I dreamt I got into a huge fight with my sister. This was the night after I added my blog entry about being her maid of honor. I told her that I was disappointed in her and that she was a huge failure. I woke up feeling horrible about it.

Breasts
Seeing naked breasts can also denote a feeling of exposure and invasion of privacy. In particular, for a woman, the dream may indicate anxieties about becoming a woman/mother.

I know, really random, but I dreamt about naked breasts the other night. They were really big and saggy and the nipples were HUGE. This could also be because my boobs have been REALLY sore lately. I do feel exposed and like my privacy is being invaded with infertility treatments. For most people, conception is one of the most private things in their life.


Maybe I've read too much into the symbols in my dreams, but my experience previously was that my dreams always seemed to relate to real-life experience, fears, problems, etc. I did a research project on dreams in high school and believe they are a good look into our subconscious. I will try to update more symbols as I remember more dreams.




.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Yes, AF started 13 days after starting the lupron. I started the lupron on a saturday night and almost 2 weeks later AF arrived (on friday,) it was about 2-3 days late. I read that lupron can make AF late. Good luck to you! I hope you get your visit SOON so that you can start!!!!

    ReplyDelete