Sunday, May 20, 2012

IVF #3 5DP5DT

I haven't given any update since the fertilization report. I was feeling really anxious about doing a 5 day transfer with only 8 fertilized eggs, but I tried to trust in my clinic and RE. I knew they would check on our embryos on day 3 (Mother's Day) and if needed call me and have me come in for the transfer. I was so nervous all morning but I never heard, so no news was good news. 

My transfer wasn't scheduled until 1:30 in the afternoon on Tuesday. I spent the morning with a little boy I work with and his family observing while he was evaluated for Autism. It was an intense morning with lots of tests given and lots of waiting to hear the consensus from the evaluators. He didn't get an Autism diagnosis but he did get Developmental Apraxia of Speech and PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder- Not Otherwise Specified). It was sad to sit there with the parents and hear that there was something wrong with their child. It made me realize how much better at my job I am going to be once I am a parent. C did awesome with all of the testing and I was so proud of him. Overall it was a much better diagnosis than Autism and he has made some amazing progress in the past few months. 

W picked me up from there and we drove to the clinic. I was SO nervous to find out what we had to transfer. They had me change and my RE came in. He told me we had at least 2 really good blastocysts and a few more than were close. In total 10 ended up fertilizing and the best one was one of the late ones to fertilize. Dr. K asked me how many I wanted to transfer and I asked his recommendation. He proceeded to ask me how old I was and which IVF cycle this was for me. His recommendation was 3 and he would do 4 if I was willing to consider selective reduction if necessary. That was enough to scare me off from 4. So, we transferred 3 beautiful blastocysts on Tuesday afternoon. The transfer itself was super smooth and he used "Wandy" to guide the transfer. Every other time it has been with abdominal ultrasound, so we could see so much more this way. When the embryologist came in to give us our picture I asked her the grades. We transferred 1 4AA, 1 4AB, and 1 2BB. I really hope one of them will decide to stick around. 

I headed over to acupuncture after and had a nice little nap. When I asked W how much it was he said free. I'm not sure why, but he said it was complementary. I'll take it!

W, my FIL, and step-dad started our bathroom remodel project this week. The only thing that will stay is the toilet so it is a lot of work. They have put down radiant heat in the floors, tile on the floors, new drywall, and tiled the shower stall so progress has been fast. It's made it hard for me though because I'm not helping and have been a bit bored. Also, we have been staying at the in-law's house in order to be able to shower. Looks like we have tonight and two more nights here. I can't complain though because it is their lake house and waking up in the morning to the lake is pretty amazing. The dogs love it too. 

I thought it would be a fun idea to test out my trigger shot with my IC tests. This had led to too much analyzing and googling, especially with all of my boredom. Today there was still a faint line and I wish it was a positive, but I'm pretty sure it is the last of the trigger. It seems like a long time for it to last (12 days past trigger), but the lines are not getting darker either. They have stayed about the same the past two days. I wish I hadn't started and I know I need to step away, but once you start it's hard to stop. 

My beta is next Thursday. I am much more positive and hopeful this time because I feel I need to be. Huge disappointment or not, I am convincing myself it worked. I have been having cramping on and off but who the heck knows. We all know I don't believe in symptoms this early, but I also can't ignore them. I'm looking forward to going to work tomorrow to have some good distractions. Can you tell I'm going a little crazy?
http://www.etsy.com/listing/80807273/funny-wall-art-print-gone-crazy-be-back?ref=sr_gallery_25&ga_search_query=crazy+sign&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade

9 comments:

  1. Glad that everything went well! And wow, the thought of 4 embroys is a little scary... happy that you went with 3. That would be managable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great everything went well. My fingers are crossed so hard for you! I'm jealous of your stay by the lake, that sounds so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you're feeling so positive about this cycle - it sounds like things are going great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that your transfer went well and congrats! Hopefully those lines will fade so they can start darkening up! Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was wondering how things were going... such a busy week for you! I'd love to see pictures of your bathroom when it's done... I love home improvement. Little things make such a big difference. And seriously, it seems awfully late for a trigger to be sticking around... but we'll see what happens in a few days. Good luck waiting for your beta, and fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with JM....12 dp trigger seems to be an awfully long time! I was always at 8dp trigger when my lines were gone. I hope this is it for you....crossing everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's nothing wrong with a little crazy! So happy to hear that the transfer of your 3 beautiful embies went smoothly. I'm so hopeful for good news on Thursday! Stick babies, stick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still had trigger 12 days past during my IUI cycle. I hope this is it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are fantastic results :)) Great embies... and 3 transferred... WOW - FXd crossed for you and thinking of you with all my heart xoxo

    ReplyDelete