Monday, March 19, 2012

Transfer Day (FET #2 from IVF #2)

So, today is the day. I was going to work in the morning but decided against that to limit my stress. I didn't want to be rushing to make it to the appointment. Instead, we slept in a little bit and have been relaxing and moving at a nice slow pace. 

I'm feeling really good and positive. I can't believe how quickly this day came. It's definitely a change from my first clinic. My first frozen transfer accompanied 6 months of waiting from the time the embryos were frozen. Granted there were some issues that needed to be sorted out, but that was torture. The anticipation made things much more stressful. So did paying for a single cycle and having everything riding on that single transfer.  

This time I had a little over 2 weeks of waiting from my period after my chemical pregnancy. I feel much better and there isn't as much anticipation and nervousness involved. I know if this doesn't work (which it will) that we have 2 fresh IVF cycles already paid for.  
The transfer itself is no big deal. What I'm most nervous about is what we are going to have to transfer. Only for a second did I let the fear creep in that there would be nothing to transfer. I immediately pushed those thoughts out. 

I thought I lost my Valium but finally found it wedged in W's Kindle case. I'm pretty excited for that part. I think I'll do acupuncture after as well. Not that I need the Valium to relax during acupuncture, but the combo is pretty amazing. 

Here's hoping we have some great embryos to transfer and that they find things in my ute to their liking!  

17 comments:

  1. Good luck today! Thinking of you and hoping your embies get comfortable for the next 9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you. Good luck today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today, sounds like it started off pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking happy thoughts for you...!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the thaw and the transfer. I have those same fears about not having anything to transfer, but i am trying to stay positive.

    I wish you the best and can't wait to hear how it all went.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful... sending you lots of love and thoughts :) Great that you've had such a quick turn-around... I always find the waiting the hardest too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck!!! i'm crossing everything for you and praying that this one sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everything went well!!! Can't wait to hear an update :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good gosh! That was FAST. Sending you happy thoughts. I can't wait to hear all about it!! I still have 5 weeks until my FET. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. GOOD LUCK!!! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. just went through the same crap
    I wish you ton of luck

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been thinking about you. Hoping all is going well in there :)

    ReplyDelete