Wednesday, March 14, 2012


Today was my appointment at the clinic. All week I was thinking it was Thursday and then woke up today and realized I wasn't going to make it to a meeting for work. I felt badly canceling the morning of the meeting, but oh well. It was going to drawn out and I wasn't going to get paid for it. 

I did an evaluation with my boss this morning and the mom cried when we told her the results. I hate it when the parents cry, it's so hard.

I met W on the way to the appointment so we could ride together. We got there and the office was empty. It's amazing the difference between 7 AM and 1 PM. They called me back to the procedure side of the clinic. I asked if I was going to get an ultrasound as I entered the room and saw a bed in an upright position with wandy close by. The nurse said I was going to get one and I realized it was going to be at the same time as the I.V. Fun! She had me undress from the waist down and put on a hospital gown. Then they gave me a heated blanket. 

The nurse went over the information, had me sign consents and got me all set up. She stuck something on my forehead, a blood pressure cuff on my arm, and a pulse oximeter on my finger. I've realized the combination of colors in the gown and heated blanket just don't look good on me. They're not my best colors. The nurse put in the IV and took blood before starting the intralipids. The intralipids came in a little bag and were white like milk. Finally I asked her what she put on my forehead. I guess it was a thermometer, but by that point I was really looking good. When they brought W in he practically laughed at me. 

The intralipids took about 1 1/2-2 hours total. It was pretty boring but the nurse came in often to check my vitals and see how I was doing. W and I watched some of The Office with the Netflix app on my phone, but that got old. Midway through I had to pee so I got to bring the IV with me and that was exciting. Well, as exciting as it got.  

The NP came in to do the ultrasound. Everything looked good and my lining was 10.8. She asked when I wanted to do the FET and we decided on Monday. She then asked how many we wanted to thaw. Since 1 is good quality and 3 are fair, it is a tough decision. Part of the package deal we bought says that you have to use all frozen embryos before moving on to another fresh cycle. We haven't completely decided the number yet, but we gave them a tentative number. I start progesterone tomorrow and stay on everything else. The transfer is scheduled for 10:45 on Monday and I'm starting to get excited. Time is really dragging between being excited for the FET and vacation. 

I asked about flying with Lovenox and had to get a note so that they won't give me any problems in the airport traveling with it on my carry-on. I'm not sure if I need to bring a sharps bin or not, but we have time to figure that out. Anyone ever travel with syringes? 

The told me the intralipids last for 28 days. If I get pregnant I will repeat it in 4 weeks. The information they gave me was pretty vague and said it's totally experimental. I guess the only thing I have to lose is my time and $55.00. Let's hope it makes a difference.

Here is the handout they gave me:


  1. So excited for your transfer on Monday! Yay!

    I too am on Lovenox and have never brought a sharps container with me... I usually just bring a ziploc bag with me to put the empties in and bring them home with me (and put in the sharps container at that point). The airport is always great when I am traveling with syringes/injectables. I have never had troubles. *knocks on wood, lol*

    Hoping this is the cycle for you!

  2. Fantastic news that your transfer is all booked for Monday and intralipids are all on board :)) FXd for you xoxo

  3. I traveled with Lupron needles in my carryon, and didn't have a note. They let me go right on through, but all airports are different. I had a tiny sharps container that I brought, but only because I had a little one, or else I wouldn't have brought it. I was just planning on checking my back if they gave me trouble, but wanted to keep my drugs close to me. :)

    The intralipids are really interesting! Good luck on Monday! :)

  4. That's great! Sending positive thoughts your way!

  5. Wow...Monday! I can't believe that you're almost ready for your transfer! I don't know much about intralipids-will probably have to research that if we are going to do a FET at some point too. Fingers are crossed for you!