Saturday, March 24, 2012

5DP5DT and Hanging in There

I haven't updated since the morning of my transfer. The transfer itself went fine. Dr. K (aka Dr. Gere) did it this time rather than Dr. Greene. Dr. K is my actual doctor, but this was only the second time I've seen him in this process. He didn't really want to tell me the grades of the embryos when I asked and gave me a speech (about 2 feet away from my face) about how it doesn't really matter. He is a very touchy-feely, oozing with positivity kind of guy. He said how he has seen both good and bad embryos turn out to be perfectly healthy babies. All of the embryos we chose to thaw survived so we transfered them. 

Dr. K just went about his business and didn't really explain the process as he was doing it. He didn't tell me when he was going to put the embryos in and I noticed more cramping this time. It could have been the lack of knowing what was going on, or the technique, but it was pretty minor cramping. He wished us luck and left the room. 

I went to acupuncture after and took a nice nap. I followed up two days later with another session to "help with implantation." 

The first few days I made the joke that I didn't have a uterus, that way I wouldn't be able to tell what was going on. I didn't over think it much and continued on. After my post about symptoms being B.S I kept repeating that to myself. At this point I'm pretty close to insane. 

Tomorrow morning bright and early we leave for vacation. I am so excited to get out of town and relax for 6 days. I'm also excited for a week off from work. I will be bringing some HPT's with me since the waiting last time almost killed me. The anticipation and anxiety just weren't worth it. And, this time I will have my beta 2 days later since I am out of town. I won't be posting over vacation so I guess I will just leave you in suspense for the next week. 

If it works, that will be awesome and amazing. I'm not holding my breath since the embryos really didn't look as good as last time. They were much more bloby and I'm sure they weren't as high of a grade. I know the grade doesn't mean everything, but they were also frozen. I'm trying to convince myself that if they made it to day 5 and then survived freezing and thawing, they must be somewhat strong. 

If this is a bust we have 2 more fresh IVF cycles already paid for. I'm hoping we don't have to do that, but at this point it's not as overwhelming and intimidating. I have almost all of the meds necessary and know mostly what to expect. 

Wish me luck. If not, I will drink some delicious frozen beverages, I promise. 

10 comments:

  1. Gah! The suspense! You're killing me! I can't believe you're leaving us hanging, lol.

    Seriously though-have a wonderful and relaxing vacation! We leave for Fl next Sunday and I am stoked.

    And I know what you mean about "Dr. Gere" being a "close talker"...he gets a bit too close, imo. And sometimes he has really bad coffee breath. After getting pregnant with Alex and having the u/s where we saw the heart beat, he came right in and gave me a big ol' kiss. Kind of weird. But hey-if he can get us preggo....

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be going away on vacation to relax just after your transfer... have fun and thinking of you for your 2WW xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a wonderful vacation and hoping you get the best news of ur life while there. Enjoy and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are able to relax and have a great vacation, and that you return with great news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck and have a wonderful vacation!! You deserve it. I also agree with early testing. It's the only thing that kept me sane during the 2WW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful vacation! I hope you have to drink virgin margaritas for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fantastic time! But seriously, we have to wait until next weekend to find out? Hate you. But seriously! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you have an awesome vacay and get the best news ever while there. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your vacation!! I have a good feeling about this one :)

    ReplyDelete