Thursday, July 14, 2011

IVF #1 CD 15 (updates)

So I waited around all day with my phone glued to me. Finally, at 7:10 my RE called with the update. He apologized for being so late in calling but said there was an emergency in the OR he was dealing with. 

Of our 5 fertilized eggs, 4 are still going. 1 of them is still at 2 cells, so isn't doing great. 3 of them are at least 4 cells, one of which is at 5 cells. The only ones that are dividing are the ones we did ICSI on. My RE said the 4 cells is about what he would expect at this stage, maybe a little slow, but nothing to worry about. 


He is hoping they are at 6-8 cells tomorrow. I am scheduled for a my transfer tomorrow at 10:30. My MIL is my chauffeur and will drive me to acupuncture before and after the transfer as well as be there for support during the transfer. I told her everything tonight and she was super excited and optimistic. 


W and I talked and we will probably put all 3 back tomorrow. I don't think they will all implant and it seems like my RE would be on board for transferring 3. I wish we had more to choose from, but you get what you get. Hopefully they will be at 6-8 cells tomorrow. Thinking good thoughts for my embryos this evening. 

Wish me luck and send some positive vibes towards my embryos!

9 comments:

  1. Best of luck! I'm so glad your RE will transfer three. Ours would only put back two. I'm hoping that when we try IVF again, she'll be more amenable to putting three back rather than just two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and God bless!

    You are very blessed to have such a supportive mother-in-law. I only wish I had one to be there for me through all of this IF craziness.

    What happens is meant to be and I have positive thought for you! I love that you are doing acupuncture before AND after. Can't wait to hear more. Update us SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes perfectly tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying, wishing, and hoping good things for those cell babies!! :) Good luck girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending lots of positive vibes your way for transfer!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending many, many positive thoughts your way.

    Is there a reason they didn't do ICSI on all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck and positive vibes to you! Hope your transfer went great today.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy thoughts! Remember, it only takes one - having three to implant is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete