Sunday, July 10, 2011

IVF #1 CD 10 (trigger tonight)

After going to bed at midnight last night, getting up a little before 6 was not the most fun this morning. W was able to come to my appointment since it was the weekend so that was nice. We got to hospital #1 and they were directed towards the laboratory. Once we got there they weren't exactly sure why we were there, but then eventually figured it out and took my blood. We then headed to hospital #2. 
As soon as we arrived in the lobby the ultrasound tech was waiting for us. She brought us over to the office and let us in with her key. My ovaries were frickin' HUGE under ultrasound, no wonder I am so uncomfortable. She did all of her measurements and then called my RE while we waited. She reported that I have 17 follicles, all good in size and that my lining was great and tri-layered. She then put me on the phone with my RE. He told me most likely I would trigger tonight, but he needed my estradiol levels to be sure it wasn't too high. I once again got the OHSS talk, but I think it is just because he is super cautious. He also said depending on how many eggs we get, we could be looking at a 5 day transfer like we talked about last week. He seemed really optimistic and said I had a great response. 

We went and got breakfast and then killed a little time before my acupuncture appointment. While I was in for my appointment, my RE called with the results. My estradiol level is up to 2,773 and I will trigger tonight! I will take 150 units of Gonal-F and the HCG trigger this evening at 9:30. No more Lupron! I can't believe how fast it actually went by once the stims started. 

I have been really uncomfortable, and full feeling as well as pretty anxious. I feel like I can't do anything too fast. I am hoping that subsides once the retrieval is over, since that is the part I am most nervous about. I'm not sure if it is the meds, being so bloated, or being so anxious, but I have been feeling a bit nauseous and my appetite is off. I can't believe we trigger tonight!! 

Egg retrieval here we come. I just have to get through work tomorrow. I am also planning on treating myself to a pedicure tomorrow so at least my toes will look nice in those stirrups. 

12 comments:

  1. AHHHH! You've made it!! Good luck and enjoy that pedi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You're on your way!!! Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to be too graphic, but one woman's blog that I read suggested making sure you take care of any grooming "down there" as well. She didn't realize how many people (docs, nurses, embryologists) would be looking while she was on a table that tilted her nether regions up for all to see.

    And now I'm definitely going to pain my toes the night before transfer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 17?!?! Amazing!!

    Good luck, I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so exciting! That is a wonderful response! Plan on feeling uncomfortable for a few more days - retrieval can be easy or not so easy..

    Good luck and YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How incredibly exciting for you!!! Fingers crossed for a successful retrieval!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for triggering!!! good luck with the retrieval and transfer! i'll be crossing everything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we are doing PIO also. I'm scared shitless of those!! Any hints you can give me once you are an ol' pro would be greatly appreciated! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you don't mind that I added you. We are also going through infertility issues.

    I love that you even thought about the pedicure. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with retrieval! Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete