Wednesday, July 13, 2011

IVF #1 CD 14 (fertilization report)

So I finally got the call at 5:45 from my RE with the update. Of our 11 eggs, they performed ICSI on 6. Of those 6, 4 fertilized. 5 of the eggs they did not perform ICSI on, and 1 fertilized. There is one other egg that may be mature enough to perform rescue ICSI on, but we will see.

So, all together we have 5 fertilized eggs. There are 4 others they are keeping cultured to see if they mature. Of our 5 fertilized eggs, 1 is 2-celled and starting to divide.

Looks like we will be doing a Friday transfer and all I can do at this point is keep my fingers and toes crossed. I am a bit disappointed by the fertilization report, but there isn't much use in feeling down about what didn't happen. I have to feel positive about what we do have. Here's hoping those 5 do well and continue to divide.

My RE said of the eggs they performed ICSI on, the outer shell of the eggs was very thick. We may be looking at assisted hatching based on how they do.

It is hard to be overwhelmingly excited and optimistic with only 5 fertilized eggs, but I am trying. I will hear more tomorrow and get a time for the transfer.

6 comments:

  1. 5 is good news, but I totally understand wanting more. I'll be praying for good news in tomorrow's report! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers for you that this works for you. I also understand being disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 sounds awesome to me! But I can understand the disappointment. Im sure Id be feeling like " Why couldnt they all be rockstars!??" :) Ill be praying for you and hoping that these 5 keep growing! Positive thoughts girl!! Just try to hold on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five is really great!! Wishing you the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying sweet thoughts for you and your transfer. Be positive about that number! Praying for many blessings upon blessings.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive thoughts to those 5! BTW, still waiting for my results-argh!

    ReplyDelete