Monday, July 25, 2011

CD1

So AF decided to make her grand appearance today. I was super surprised since I stopped the progesterone yesterday. In my head I had given myself until Thursday and then I was going to get anxious.

I called the nurse (Becky) at the clinic and told her. I then asked about the estrogen and how things normally go for the FET (timing, meds, transfer, etc.) She said usually you start the estrogen on any of the first 3 days of your cycle. She will talk to Dr. S tomorrow about getting me started. It should be fine to start tomorrow. 

Becky said that at one point you get to 4 estrogen patches a day, yikes! I was like, where the heck do you stick all of those things? Apparently they are quite small and I won't look like a crazy nicotine addicted person trying to quit. I will also stay on the estrogen for a while, especially if I do get pregnant. 
Getting my period today was a fantastic surprise. It explained why I have been feeling so emotional lately and why I have been so teary. AF always symbolizes a fresh start and excitement about a new cycle. 

8 comments:

  1. Yay! A nice surprise indeed!! I hope this is it for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forward motion! WAHOO!! Now AF can stay away for a very long time

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little hint about the Vivelle dots - the sticky stuff stays on your skin through several showers. Get some "goo gone". It's designed to remove sticky residue, often found in the scrapbook supply stored. It works great on getting that gunk off your skin too. The smell whacks you across the face, but it only takes a minute or so to do so it's no big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to read you are taking this as a fresh start. This is one of the rare times where AF is welcomed!

    I'm excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like you're in a pretty good place (all things considered)! Glad AF showed up nice and quickly so you can get this FET on the road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! :) Praying this FET goes smoothly and ends in over-the-friggin-top HAPPINESS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say hi and wish you the best for this upcoming FET. Catching up on your blog and sorry for what you went through this last cycle. You and your sister both look beautiful at the wedding BTW! Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well good, I am glad you are thinking positive and can start this cycle anew! I am looking forward to AF, too, as I am beginning temping and a new 'natural' protocol. So, we'll see, but best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete