Sunday, April 24, 2011

Award

I want to thank Carlia at The Stork Drop Zone for nominating me for an award. I have been feeling discouraged about everything lately and it brought a huge smile to my face. 
Here is how it works:
1. Winners put the image on their blog
2. Link back to the person who gave it to you
3. Tell 10 things about yourself
4. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers
5. Contact the bloggers you awarded and let them know they have won

So without further ado here are my 10 things:

 1. My sister and I didn't get along until I moved 3 hours away when I was 16. She is 2 1/2 years older than me and now calls me constantly. She continues to be very competitive with me but that's just because I always did everything before her. Her big goal is to get pregnant before me because "I have to do something first."
2. My parents got divorced when I was 7 and my Mom raised us. We spent every other weekend with my Dad. 
3. My husband and I come from very different backgrounds. He was raised in a large house with parents who were still married and well off. My Mom always struggled to do nice things for us and nothing was extravagant. 
4. Of all the things I want to pass on to my children, I really want them to get my big blue eyes. The curly hair from my hubby would be nice too, but my eyes are the most important. 
5. I multitask WAY too much while driving. I eat, talk on the phone, read little snipets, etc. I know it is dangerous but I am in my car a large portion of the day and still need to be productive, right?
6. I am gaining an appreciation for antiques since our house is nearly 100 years old. I never really liked the decor on my in-laws house but now understand more. 
7. I am addicted to shopping at Marshalls. I go way too often and rarely leave without some kind of purchase. Cancellation in my day.... better go to Marshalls and browse.  
8. I love the color green and think it is adorable when the kids I work with remember. They let me be the green player in games since it is my favorite. 
9. We call my mom Momma-Dukes and she likes to joke about being Grandma-Dukes. I think that would be really funny if our kids called her that.  
10. I listen to a lot of pop music. Since I am in my car driving around all day and have satellite radio I like to have something I can sing along to. 

And here is my list of deserving bloggers:

7 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the award! How wonderful :)

    My sisters and I are amazingly close and I seriously cannot imagine not havnig them. It is the main reason i really want to give Henry a sibling.

    I too do WAY too much multitasking in the car!

    It was really important to me for Henry (so one of our babies) to get Nick's blue eyes. Turns out Henrys as of now look like a perfet mix of our eyes. My very light brough around the middle and dark blue around the outside!

    I DID look for that book, but was shocked to see it was over $100! Yikes! So I thought I would give it a little time before I decided if it was necessary. :)

    PS. I am your newest follower! Not sure how I missed following you before now...

    This is the longest comment EVAH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE shopping at marshalls, tj maxx, ross, pretty much any discount clothing store. i am now only allowed to shop there under spousal supervision. ha ha!

    you totally deserve this award! congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much... you're so sweet :)) Love your blog and following along. Hope you and your family had a lovely easter xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your comment! I really hope this cycle works for you. I'm not sure why the IUIs didn't work for us. I think there's something else going on. Will know more after Tuesday. I definitely wouldn't give up yet. They've worked for a lot of ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something about green.... I love the color too. If playing a game, I pick green, and green is still my favorite color of M&M's!

    ReplyDelete