Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vacation

So we are home and it's Sunday night which means I have to go back to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but the end of vacation is always a bummer.

We had a great trip full of lots of sunning, swimming, reading, drinking, eating, relaxing, and enjoying each other. Our room was great and the weather was fantastic. The food and drinks were both consistently great and I had my first bahama mamma (it was absolutely delicious!)

The resort was about an hour and a half away from the airport in Santo Domingo and we had a shuttle arranged. It was interesting to see more of the country and it didn't seem overwhelmingly poor. Unlike Costa Rica there wasn't much wealth either. The biggest thing I noticed was that the street and sides of the streets were covered in garbage. One of the coolest things was that the red lights had a timer to let you know how much time you had left. It seemed like red lights were optional and the driver of our van was very "horny" in that he tapped the horn quite often.

The resort was pretty far back from the road and was very nicely manicured. The beach area was a bit small, but had chairs to sit in. There were a lot of topless women on the beach (not me), and my hubby and I would give out our own award to the best set seen. The waiters even came to the beach to get drink orders and I drank a good amount of frozen alcoholic beverages.

The last day I called MSED (maximum sun exposure day) and am peeling as a result. I got a little burned here and there, but nothing too bad by the last day.

Here are some pictures from the trip:














In other news I started my Metformin last night. I haven't had any extreme side effects, just minor disturbances. I am hoping it stays this way. I had a pretty bad headache all day but so did W, so I'm thinking it was more out of withdrawal from beverages.

Of course I couldn't complete ignore the issue of our trying to start a family on the trip. We had some conversations (less than usual) and I brought ovulation prediction tests with me (of course). I wasn't counting on ovulating this month, but was given the green light to try if I did. I am so confused and frustrated by the test strips since it looks like I got a positive, but in reality I don't think it was. The test strip is darker, but only a portion of the line. When I looked online it said it had to be 50% or more of the line to be positive, so I don't think it counts. What do you think? I'm pretty sure it doesn't count as a positive.
The thing is, even when this test appeared positive, I didn't feel like I was ovulating. I did have some increase in CM the week before but hadn't bought the OPK by then. I really don't think I stood much of a chance ovulating this month, but I may ask my RE to run progesterone levels in order to see since I have to get blood work anyway. 

I am supposed to call me RE this Thursday to tell him whether or not I have gotten my period. It's not that I don't think I would get it if I just waited, but I'm not feeling particularly patient these days. If I haven't gotten it by Thursday (4 weeks post D&C) then he will prescribe Provera to induce it. I don't feel like my period is close as all, but if I did ovulate then I would want to know for sure whether I was pregnant or not before taking it. I'm not feeling like this is very likely, but you never know, right?

 Any experiences with Provera? I've never taken it before. I will probably schedule an appointment for this week to talk about Clomid and I still have to go back for more blood work to check HCG levels and testosterone levels. Ahh, back to reality!

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures look devine! I am getting more and more excited about our May trip to Mexico. I hope you had a fantastic time!

    The line looks pretty close to a positive. I would have probably counted it just in case. Even though the line wasn't solid, it was dark so it had to be picking up one something.

    Good luck with the RE when you go next.

    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those pictures make me jealous (there is 10cm of snow outside my window) Glad you had a good trip!

    That opk looks positive to me girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vacation looks awesome!

    Provera didn't really bother me at all, but MAKE SURE you don't have a chance of being pregnant if you take it, b/c it would be very bad to be on it while pregnant. When I had a 100+ day cycle I took it to induce a withdrawl bleed, but other than that, my RE put me on prometrium for 10 days to induce a bleed, b/c prometrium wouldn't be harmful to a possible pregnancy. Just food for thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you had such a nice vacation! That's hilarious that you were giving "awards" for the best set of boobies! I've never had a positive on one of the ovulation strips, so I am no help there. I did take provera to induce a period back in December 2009. It didn't start until 10 days after I ended the provera...so not sure it did anything for me or not, but you could defintiely give it a try and see if helps! I had no side effects.

    ReplyDelete