Wednesday, October 3, 2012

IVF #4 CD 7-Trust and More Cats

Today I had another monitoring appointment. I am overwhelmed by how busy the office seems. There practically weren't any places to sit this morning. I waited for quite a bit but was able to do some reading. I'm trying to power read this book for book club and think I will be successful by Tuesday when we plan to meet and talk about it. The downside? It's not very good so that makes it harder to get through. 

My blood pressure was pretty normal today but my pulse was 108. Talked about stressed! For the ultrasound I had one new little follicle join the party to equal 13 total at this point all ranging from 7-12 mm. I asked her about estradiol levels and she said for each person each cycle is different. I told her we had added in Ganirelix the night before and she seemed a bit surprised. When I asked her about it her response was, "there's more than one way to skin a cat." Basically. there's no right or wrong answer as to what to do in an IVF cycle.  

My estradiol levels came in pretty low again today and didn't double. I'm hoping this is just from adding the Ganirelix, but I'm not going to lie, I'm a bit stressed about it. I emailed Dr. Br.averman and asked about the possibility of a HCG trigger with a fresh transfer rather than the lupron trigger and freeze all. He said we will wait until the day of to decide since estradiol levels can jump towards the end. I guess I need to work on getting some Neupogen into my possession so we are prepared in case. I'm having a hard time trusting that everything is going to work out. I'm not sure why I always seem to have this issue. I can't trust that the right decisions are being made. I really don't understand why my Gonal-F wasn't increased when my estradiol didn't even come close to doubling. I just hope everything works out.  

I received my updated calendar and was told to add an extra vial of Menopur in tonight. I didn't see any Gonal-F on the calendar and didn't know what to do. I emailed the nurse back and she responded about 20 minutes prior to my shot time that it must have gotten cut off by accident. I'm definitely starting to feel super bloated and have been insanely thirsty. 

On to the topic of cats, once again. Today I was working with Owen (a 4-year-old twin who was born on Christmas) and we were playing a game. In the game at times you had to take a card and do what it said. Owen picked a card that said "stretch like a cat." 

O: I don't know how to stretch like a cat
Me: What about Molly (their cat). How does she stretch?
O: I don't know. She always hides under Mommy's bed and I don't see her. 
Well played Molly, well played.

1 comment: