Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Way Life Should Be


This is the state slogan for Maine, and I highly agree. W and I spent 9 days away from home on our vacation. It was amazingly beautiful and relaxing and I highly recommend anyone vacation in Maine.

We left on a Friday and stayed the night in New Hampshire with my Aunt and Uncle. We don't get to see them very often so it was nice. My cousins were there as well and one was leaving for college. It was pretty amazing to see him driving off to college when I remember him being "nakey-boy" one Thanksgiving. They took us out to dinner and we spent some nice time with them. 

On Satuday morning we hopped in the car and headed for Camden, Maine. My grandmother lives there so we headed to her condo for 3 nights. During our time in Camden we:

Went to the harbor and checked out the old schooners:

Went up Mount Battie to take in the grand views:


Went to the lobster pound and had the most delicious lunch:



Took a sunset ride on an old schooner:



And indulged in lots of delicious seafood:

In addition, we walked around town, shopped, ate amazing seafood, relaxed, and spent time with my grandmother. It was a really nice little coastal town and a great start to our trip. 

From Camden we hopped back in the car and headed south to Freeport. On the way we stopped in a town called Wiscasset at a place called Red's Eat's for the best lobster roll ever. We stood in line for about an hour but it was definitely worth it!
I'm standing on the corner in black... getting closer
Each lobster roll had more than 1 whole lobster in it and was just served with butter.
We stayed at a campground near Freeport. The site was really nice and the campground was relatively quiet, but the ground was HARD. We had a chipmunk friend "Chippy" who ate a lot of Jiffy Pop to amuse us. Here is our campsite:
We also visited a nearby state park:
And did a lot of shopping at the outlet's in Freeport. We visited the L.L Bean headquarters:
W has a lot of learning to do!

From Freeport, we headed south again to Ogunquit. This was my favorite part of the trip and I could have spent the entire week there. The beach was amazing and the town was super cute. They even had trolly's so you didn't have to drive anywhere. I highly recommend it!
lots of salt water taffy


busy Ogunquit beach



area called Perkins Cove



puniest lighthouse ever


I love the beach!
On our trip home we stopped at a lighthouse called Cape Neddick. Having just read a book that had some themes of a lighthouse it was much more interesting. There were people taking wedding photos up above us. 



All in all, an amazing trip. It was so nice to not be cycling at all and not have that to worry about. We kept the infertility talk to a minimum and tried to live life in the moment more. Sorry for the picture overload, but a trip is best summed up by the amazing pictures that were a result of it. 














5 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Glad to hear you were able to enjoy yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting these pics! We are planning a trip to Maine in 2014 and I think to the same region where you went. Seeing these pictures makes me giddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hubs and I have been trying to plan a drive/trip to Maine. Hopefully next summer. Glad you enjoyed yourself and fertility talk was a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you took this trip. It's nice to be away and not talk about "baby stuff" So glad you both enjoyed yourselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! Sounds like an awesome time...I love Maine :) I want want want one of those lobster rolls now!

    ReplyDelete