Thursday, August 16, 2012

Oh Well

I'm not going to be able to get blood work part 1/attempt 2 done before I leave for vacation. These are the tests that I can't do in network. 

These tests are:
NKARIPTH1/TH2 CytokineFox P3T-Cell SubsetKIR Receptors, CBC with differential, and LAD

It's overwhelming how over my head all of immunology stuff is. I try to understand things to the best of my ability, but immunology is crazy complicated. I have an extreme respect for anyone who understands any of it. 

I had made an appointment this morning for tomorrow but then found out that Repro.source doesn't process blood on Saturday. I tried to get in today to do it but my clinic closes early and I called too late. 

Oh well, it will hopefully only put us back a week. It makes it pretty clear I won't be on only one pack on birth control pills before starting stims again. Hopefully it will only mean an extra week or so. 

I spoke with the financial coordinator at Dr. Braver.man's office today and she was super helpful. We talked about what the price included and how we will move forward with things. I'm looking forward to getting all of the results and trying to understand it all. 

But even more I'm looking forward to 9 days of vacation. Look out lobster and crab, here I come!

4 comments:

  1. I never understood it either. My mind doesn't work like that. I hope everything works out and you can get it all done in time. In the mean time have an awesome vacation and eat to your hearts content!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hoping for an amazing 9 days of vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz.

    I am seeing Dr. Braverman too and I am just curious how much the Reprosource bloodwork is costing out of pocket? He does not take my insurance so I need to do as much as I can at LABCORP, and I am stressing about the Reprosource costs.

    We have a mutual friend (Heather) who pointed me to your blog and I just read through everything. I am so so so sorry to see how much you have struggled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete