Monday, September 24, 2012

I'm Going to be an Aunt to....

A little boy!! That's right, my sister has a teeny-tiny penis growing inside her right now. I had boy feelings all morning about it and then missed 2 calls from her while I was in a therapy session. Since she didn't leave a message I figured I was probably right. She actually is pretty excited and sounded happy. He is going to be one crazy little guy, but I can't wait to meet him! February is a long way away...
Good thing it's a boy too because when I quickly laid a few pieces of the quilt together it had boy written all over it. I picked green and blue because I know my sister likes blue but doesn't like orange or yellow. I made lots more progress today on it. 

W said the fact that they are having a boy immediately gave him hope that we will get our little one soon. He wasn't sure why, but he suddenly got a dose of confidence about everything tonight. Maybe it's because my sister and I both like the same girl name. Maybe because it means we may still get to use the name. 

I got my list of meds for this cycle and there are no big surprises. I will be on dexamethasone which I haven't used in a while. My clinic stopped prescribing it to patients. The dose is also higher than I previously used. I'm a little nervous about starting at a higher dose for the Gonal-F than previously, but I will trust their judgement. High estrogen has always been my problem so we will so how that all goes. I guess if we are using Lupron and freezing everything that is less of a worry. 

I have all the Menopur I need and think I can buy a Gonal-F pen off of a friend for cheaper than at the pharmacy. It's still definitely not cheap though : ( I need to refill the dexamethasone and get another dose or two of Ganirelix and then I should be all set. 

It was pretty cool here today. It wasn't a nice fall cool where you can wear a few layers and be comfortable. Instead, it was a much colder version where I felt like I needed to be sipping hot coffee all day. Our house was pretty chilly tonight and the hubs was strongly resisting turning on the heat. I guess we should probably take the A.C unit out of the bedroom window first.  

2 comments:

  1. Oh, good! I'm glad your sis was excited!

    Hmmm. I like that your hubs has a good feeling. I believe signs too. :)

    Take that positivity and RUN with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your nephew to be! I love when people get good feelings because they are usualy always right :) I hope your DH is right about this and you get that BFP! Best of luck to you!

    P.S. I just sent you an email about meds :)

    ReplyDelete