Monday, September 24, 2012

Change of Plans

I received my calendar on Friday to see a few changes. Rather than starting stims on Monday, Thursday is going to be the day. It's no big change to me, although it may have resulted in a double dose of bcp's since I had skipped the night before. I am officially done with bcp's now. Maybe I will start to feel normal again. 

The weekend was nice and relaxing. Friday afternoon I started working on my quilt since I finished my day early. I got a lot done and am now struggling with triangular pieces. The squares were easy! I went to dinner with a friend that night. We ate at the new mexican restaurant La Cantina Laredo in the mall and it wasn't very good. From there we headed over to the Melting Pot and had chocolate fondue for dessert. That was definitely delicious! Then we got pedicures and headed home. It was nice to see T since I missed dinner with the girls this week. Her belly has really popped out and her little guy is cooking away!

 On Saturday morning we got up early and headed into Syracuse to walk for ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). On the way, we picked up my boss and we met up with another co-worker there. I went to a high school with a girl whose father was diagnosed with ALS. My boss also knows the family because he lives in the same town very close to them. We did the walk 2 years ago and were glad to participate again. Tom is the name of the guy we were walking for. It was a bit sad to see him because he is definitely losing some function (physical and cognitive). I can't imagine having a loved one being diagnosed with ALS. It's a slow and sad way to die. The weather was really crappy and the entire walk was in the pouring rain. From there we headed home and hung out on the couch for pretty much the rest of the day.  

 On Sunday we were much more productive and cleaned up around the house, did some laundry, organized my toy space above the garage, and W did some landscaping while I did more quilting. The quilt is really coming along and I'm excited for how it will look all together. I had some sewing machine malfunctions last night and had to call it quits once I finally figured something out. 

My sister finds out what she is having today at her anatomy scan. She really wants a girl and I think she will start crying if it's a boy. I'm excited to hear the news, but I know there will be mixed emotions with it all. I can't believe she is already to that point in her pregnancy. She really wanted me to come to the appointment, but I didn't think I could do it. It's a far drive and would have meant a day off of work in addition to the emotional aspect of it all. 

I'm feeling really torn and up in the air about everything. We almost always have a plan B for if plan A fails, but right now I don't know where we will go from this next cycle. I still have some unanswered questions and I'm not sure where to turn with them. We did have a plan B before we received this matching information. I'm pretty lost and not sure where to turn from here. 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really busy weekend. Thursday is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that would be really hard to go with your sister, and if you can, great, but if not, don't beat yourself up about it. You need to take care of yourself first in this situation, in my opinion. I hope that you don't need a Plan B anyway - let's just pray that Plan A is the key for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I wasn't very impressed with Cantina Loredo either...but the guac., was good! I got the brisket tacos and they were very greasy. It's ok not to always have a plan B...sometimes you just need to try plan A again. You WILL get there!

    ReplyDelete