Friday, September 30, 2011

Unfulfilled

Today is the day that I could have become a mother. Instead I'm trying to stay positive, trying to keep my head up. 

My mood goes from feeling happy and satisfied to sad and like there are a ton of bricks on my chest. I thought I would be pregnant at this point. When I got pregnant I was convinced it would happen again easily. Easy is not an accurate word to describe this journey. 

 I thought having a baby was supposed to be fun, exciting, and pleasurable. Instead, the past 15 months have been trying to say the least. I have shed so many tears and learned a lot about myself. I felt sad, happy, excited, and depressed all within an hour's time a thousand times over. 

I wish I was holding an adorable lovable baby today. Instead, I will hug my hubby and furbabies and be glad for everything we do have. I'm not a mommy yet, but I know I will be someday soon. 

6 comments:

  1. Due dates "that should have been" are so hard :( Hang in there girl. I know your turn is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find due dates so hard too.... you have been through so much and I truly hope that your adorable loveable baby comes to your arms soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feeling for you. Keep your head up--you WILL be a momma. You will.

    Have a blessed week. ~J

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry. Due dates are so hard. I was shocked that I wasn't pregnant again on mine too. I really thought I would be. I'm glad you have your hubby and furbabies to love. Thinking of you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for you. I just had a miscarriage 2 weeks ago and I know next March 31 is going to be HARD....especially if I'm not pregnant again by the. Lots of snuggles from your hubby and furbabies tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hugs Liz. I'm so sorry. These dates are hard.

    ReplyDelete