Thursday, July 30, 2015

Stretch Marks

When I was pregnant with the girls I somehow managed to avoid strech marks for most of my pregnancy. I remember waking up one morning to discover them and feeling so disappointed and upset. I have no idea where I got the idea I'd make it through a twin pregnancy without them, but it was upsetting to me when they did appear. 

As if it wasn't bad enough that I had a bruised up belly from Lovenox shots, now it had strech marks all over it too. It didn't look beautiful to me. 

I noticed the other day that I have a single new stretch mark. It extends from my other ones but is fresh, redder, and higher than all the others. 

The truth is? I love it! I love that this baby girl will leave her own impressions and marks on my body as a reminder that I also carried her. It's a reminder of growing my baby girl big and strong, and I embrace these lasting marks she will leave on me. 

I now know that these marks fade. They don't stay red forever and they really aren't very noticeable. 

I'm so proud of my body for providing for another life, and all the changes that accompany that. 

3 comments:

  1. It's good that you can embrace the seemingly unavoidable changes that pregnancy brings to your body. :-)

    Oddly enough, although I have numerous stretch marks from an adolescent growth spurt and from weight gain/loss, I acquired no new ones during my twin pregnancy. . . maybe because I didn't gain that much weight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares at the end? It is important that the mother and the babies are well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to welcome changes to our bodies, even when the end result is such an amazing gift. I'm so glad you are able to embrace your new "beauty" marks!

    ReplyDelete