Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Denied

I had submitted a pre-authorization form to my insurance company last week to see if I could get the out of network blood work covered. It was a pain to do and required a lot of calling around since the insurance company wanted all of my previous medical records.

Well, I heard from them yesterday that they denied it. The reason was because it was for IVF. The thing that pisses me off about that is that it isn't for IVF. Yeah, that's my plan, but I'm not doing this testing in order to do an IVF cycle. Recurrent pregnancy loss testing and IVF aren't mutually exclusive.

Oh well, it's just money, right? That's what's we're trying to tell ourselves.

So I have to get that blood work done again and soon since we are leaving for vacation on Friday. We are spending a little over a week in Maine and I am super excited . It's going to be so nice to have a break from work and to be able to spend time together.

The plan is to not think or worry about any of this infertility crap while we are away. I'm feeling a little stressed now because we don't exactly have a plan. Well, I guess the plan is to get the blood work results and then figure out what to do from there. Worrying about it isn't going to change anything.

I have two more weeks in this pack of birth control pills so I'm hoping it will all come together in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! The phone calls, and inconsistency with insurance companies makes this roller coaster ride so much more unbearable. Enjoy Your vacation, things will come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid freaking insurance. Why do they always have to complicate everything? I hope you have a fabulous and relaxing vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh!!! I'm sorry-that completely and utterly blows :( :( Can't you appeal the decision or anything?

    I hope your trip to Maine refreshes you! I know that going to Australia and not thinking about fertility put a little more life back into me!

    ReplyDelete