Monday, October 20, 2014

#MicroblogMondays: Happiness

Recently we had family photos taken. I wanted to get pictures done for Lucy and Clara's first birthday but also wanted some of all of us together. We hired my friend who also has twins and is a professional photographer. She recently got me the images. One of them really resonated with me. 

W and I got married 5 years ago. We didn't start trying for a family for the first year and just enjoyed married life. About a month after we started trying I got a referral to an endocrinologist due to abnormal hormone levels. We took the fast track to surgeries and IVF after getting some devastating news early on. 

For years we did treatments. We did 2 IUI's, 5 fresh IVF cycles, and 4 FET cycles. There wasn't a whole lot of down time between cycles. We miscarried three times in that time. It was really hard on both of us and, honestly, I stopped feeling genuinely happy. I would smile for pictures, but I just didn't feel happy. I often would look back at this one picture from our honeymoon and wish I could feel that same blissful happiness again. 

Then we got pregnant and I successfully carried twins to 34 weeks. Our lives drastically changed. I went from trying to speed up time to get to the next appointment or cycle to trying to slow down time to enjoy my girls. 

When I looked through our 172 images from my friend a certain picture stood out. It's one that captures the happiness and joy we both feel again now that Lucy and Clara are in our lives. It perfectly sums up life with them and I love it.
It's just so nice to see that look of genuine happiness on my face again. 

This post was written as part of Mel's MicroblogMondays. Check it out here to participate. 

8 comments:

  1. I love this! I love seeing a throwback to your honeymoon, and that is a fabulous family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me smile that you got back there again. It's a photo to put on your wall and remind yourself whenever you are going through a hard time that one day it will pass and be your time to smile again. Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! I felt a lot like you, and it wasn't until I was pregnant that I realized how sad and depressed I was during those years. I'm so glad you've got your joy back! Twinsies will do that to ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great shot! Glad you found your happiness again.

    ReplyDelete