Monday, October 13, 2014

#MicroblogMondays: 5 years

Friday was our 5th wedding anniversary. Unfortunately it didn't go exactly as planned as W woke up with a stomach bug. He ended up taking 1 of his 2 remaining paid days off for the year. He was so sick during the day but started to feel better by the afternoon. I gave him his gift (a pen made out of wood), a card, and some homemade applesauce to try to help him feel better. 







Unfortunately it hit me that night a little too. I didn't feel anywhere near as bad as him, but I sure didn't feel great either. Luckily we hadn't cemented any plans prior to the day. 

Saturday was spend lounging around on the couch and doing nothing. On Sunday we got together with friends and enjoyed a beautiful fall day. 


I'm sure when we stood on the altar 5 years ago we had no idea what was to come; infertility, recurrent pregnancy loss, and then twins! It's been a wild ride to say the least! I'm sure it's not quite what we pictured, but I also can't picture my life any different. 

9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. I'm sorry you both got sick on it, but glad you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! It's a mark of a marriage when you can be sick on your anniversary, but still celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pictures! And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing wedding pictures and I LOVE the flowers you had! The bottom pictures are gorgeous! Looks like such nice weather and I love the view! I'm sorry you both were sick for your anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete