Thursday, January 3, 2013

Beyond Frustrated (Rant)

Today was not a great day. Going back to work after lots of time off is never easy. With how busy I am right now it's been particularly hard. There are some days where I go home and wonder if I really want kids. They are exhausting and can really drain all of your patience quickly. I hear it's different with your own kids and I really hope that's true. 

I'm also in the process of planning/hosting my sister's baby shower. She's always said her MiL was crazy, but now I fully believe it. We are doing the shower at her in-law's house and her MiL had only offered to do the cake. I assumed that's all she wanted to do and didn't feel comfortable asking her to do much more. I guess she was complaining that she wasn't feeling involved so I sent her an email. I then found out that my very friendly and nice email made her even more upset. In the end we got it all smoothed out, but it required an hour and a half conversation on the phone. Sometimes I just don't understand why adults can't act their age. I'm not really interested in making things more complicated and difficult than they already are going to be. This isn't the easiest thing for me to do to begin with. 

The biggest thing that has been bothering me this week is the nurse at Dr. B's. When I was in the office last Friday she told me she would send me a calendar that afternoon. By Monday I still hadn't received it. When I called Monday to pay my balance I asked the receptionist about it. Later that day I finally received the calendar. With the calendar was a message asking me to inventory my meds and then let her know what I would be needing. Tuesday morning I responded with my list of meds and also had a list of pertinent questions. When I still hadn't gotten any kind of reply this morning I emailed her again. I again told her my list of meds, asked her to call the others into the pharmacy, and asked my questions. I got zero reply today. I'm willing to be patient and I don't always expect an immediate response, but I don't think I'm being unreasonable in feeling annoyed by it all. We are paying a lot of money and I expect a reply in a somewhat timely fashion. I'm relying on her to call in my meds in order to start this cycle and I'm supposed to start on Monday. I plan to call the office tomorrow morning and am considering asking to be assigned to the nurse I had last cycle. She was much more responsive. I don't want to feel like I have to do someone's job for them. I shouldn't have to try so hard to get some answers to my questions and my prescriptions called in. 

I was hungry this afternoon when I was out running errands. I decided I would buy some pickles to eat since they looked delicious. When I got into the car I really wanted one so opened up the jar. It then spilled everywhere, so now my car smells like dill pickles, yummy!

Sorry for all the bitching, I just needed to get it all out. Okay, I think I'm done. 

10 comments:

  1. Ugh! Days like that are so hard! Be good to yourself. Hoping tomorrow is a better day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is definitely one tough week! Isn't it nice to have a place where you can let all these things off your chest? Maybe you are just getting all the crappy things out of the way with at the beginning of the New Year, and the rest of the year will get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dont feel bad asking to get a different nurse - some ppl aren't good at responding to messages, they just aren't. One of my coworkers always has 18 things on her plate at once (like I do), and for her, messages are the thing she ALWAYS lets drop, even though she's a nice person and a good employee overall. Don't go into this cycle feeling frustrated the whole time with the nurse, b/c she'll be your main point of contact.

    PS, I can't STAND when adults (meaning people our parent's age!) are drama queens!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitch away, that is what we are here for! Baby showers are not often done in the UK but I have to say if someone asked me to host one for them I would say it was not something I felt able to do. That may make me sound harsh but I have quite a strong self-preservation chip. I hope it all goes well m'dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr B's nurses can be tough, as can the front desk. I know someone who used him and got so tired of the lack of response and told him she just wanted to email him directly and he agreed. I totally understand your frustration. it is way too much money to have to be worrying about doing their job! good luck with everything! his office also really responds to money..you might want to try in the future letting them know you will pay the balance when your meds are ordered and you get your answers. i have found they are immediately responsive then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is hard when the office staff are dropping the ball. My RE's office has the best front office/nursing staff, but I was shocked when I finally graduated to an OB and the office staff was terrible. You have every right to rant. I think I would email the doc directly if you have that option.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You need to do whatever puts you at ease during this cycle. If you feel more comfortable and confident that another nurse is suited for you, then definitely ask.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a day!! I hope the nurse starts responding soon (and faster!!) and surprises you by already having called in the meds to the pharmacy. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had our share of slow moving nurses. Yes they are busy, but YES you deserve some kind of response in a timely fashion because you are paying a lot of money. And dammit, you are not calling about a hair appt...this is your family you are getting in order! ha! Sorry it was a frustrating day! Mmmmm pickles. I could eat a whole jar.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So not cool of them not to call you back!

    And adults acting like children- two of my biggest pet peeves! :)

    I appreciate your rant :)

    ReplyDelete