Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Good News!

I emailed Dr. Br.averman to get the update today on things. He responded very quickly with some great news. He first said that with the use of In Vitro Maturation (IVM) they were able to mature and fertilize two more eggs. This brought us up to 10 fertilized eggs out of the 12 that were retrieved. 

Of the 8 that fertilized, 5 were at 4 cells and graded A. 2 others were 4 cells and graded B, and then there was 1 that was 3 celled and graded D. The one that was graded D he said they were going to perform embryo plasty on tomorrow. I'm not exactly sure what this is, but I think it is defragmentation. The definition of the word plasty is: to repair, restore, or replace. I'm guessing they are going to alter it in some way to try to help the quality. 

The other 2 eggs that had fertilized were at the 2PN (two pro-nucleate) stage and he said he would have their grades tomorrow. 

Dr. B said based on this information we would do a 5 day transfer on Saturday. He told me to email him again tomorrow for more information. 

I'm still not feeling great. I was able to work a half day today before I became super uncomfortable and headed home to the couch. It's not easy to work sitting on the floor with little ones when your abdomen is uncomfortable. I think I did a bit too much bending and reaching and needed some time to rest. I napped for a few hours and woke up feeling better. I'm hoping I can work a full day tomorrow. 

I'm so happy to hear the news that more eggs fertilized and that we have a good handful of embryos growing away. Hoping for more great news tomorrow.

On another note, Amber from Old Lady and No Baby got the devastating news today that her little one "Bob" no longer had a heartbeat today. Please stop by her blog and send her some love during this tough time. My heart is breaking for her. No one deserves to go through something like that, especially without the love and support of others. 

17 comments:

  1. This is not good news, it is great news! Look at you go!

    I stopped by Ambers blog. So heartbreaking. I freaking hate infertility!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is AWESOME. I'm so excited for you, Liz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful...wonderful news!!!! This is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to hear that two more fertilized! That is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news!

    In reality, they don't know what makes one embryo implant and grow, and another not. They are just guessing that appearance matters. I've transferred more embryos than I can count right now, but the two that became my twins were a 6 cell and a 4 cell with tons of fragmentation. You just never know! It sounds like your chances of getting pregnant with this batch is excellent!!! (knocking on wood)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news!! Have you done a 5 day transfer before? Fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great news. I follow a lot of blogs and yours is the first one ive seen where your doctor used IVM. We did a clinical trial with just IVM/ICSI (and women with PCOS) and the study results are not out yet but it was very successful. I'm surprised more doctors are not offering it as an option.

    Anyway, fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some fantastic fertilisation rates. YAY! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sound like great numbers. I had a late fertilized egg on my last IVF as well. I didn't know it had a name (IVM). They just told me the egg matured more and they were able to fertilize it a day later than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME!!!! I think that IVM is awesome....such a good option for women with pcos too, who have tons of eggs that might not mature. I wish Dr. K offered it. Can't wait to hear the next update!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Liz, thank you for the shout out. I greatly appreciate the love and support.

    ReplyDelete
  13. HOW I GOT PREGNANT.. My name is Janet VedalI have been married for 4 years without any child . My Fallopian tubes was blocked. I tried everything possible to get pregnant and nothing was working. I visited so many hospital's my problem never seems to end. I lost hope and felt depressed. One faithful day I started checking online on how to get pregnant in the comment section and people were testifying about how they got results after they used  Dr. Oyama herbs,  I was surprised about the testimony and decided to talk with him about my own issue. After explaining to him he said I have to purchase some medication from him after getting this medication I became pregnant and gave birth. If you want to talk to Oyama  contact him on WhatsApp +2348108264684 Page  @Oyamaherbs  Email address : droyamasolutiontemple@gmail.com








    HOW I GOT PREGNANT.. My name is Janet VedalI have been married for 4 years without any child . My Fallopian tubes was blocked. I tried everything possible to get pregnant and nothing was working. I visited so many hospital's my problem never seems to end. I lost hope and felt depressed. One faithful day I started checking online on how to get pregnant in the comment section and people were testifying about how they got results after they used  Dr. Oyama herbs,  I was surprised about the testimony and decided to talk with him about my own issue. After explaining to him he said I have to purchase some medication from him after getting this medication I became pregnant and gave birth. If you want to talk to Oyama  contact him on WhatsApp +2348108264684 Page  @Oyamaherbs  Email address : droyamasolutiontemple@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete