Sunday, December 2, 2012

6DP5DT and Keeping the Positivity

It has been six days since my embryo transfer. Earlier in the week I handed over all of my HPT's to W and asked him to hide them. This has kept me from testing too early and has allowed me to keep the positivity. I want to know, but I guess I can continue to hold out. We've agreed that we will test together before my beta so I don't get the news when I am by myself at work. Not testing early also makes the IM shots more bearable. I'm doing 2 cc's of progesterone every night and then on Tuesday and Friday we also do an estradial valerate shot that is IM. Nothing like two IM shots in one night, let me tell you! 

I'm still taking Lovenox and Neupogen. The bruising has gotten much better so that's good. In addition, each night I have a "crotch rocket" AKA estradiol/progesterone suppository that I use. I had never heard of such a concoction, but I guess you learn something new every time. It's all so much fun!

In the past I've written that I don't believe in symptoms since the hormones mimic so many of them. It's hard not to be on symptom watch, but I've been trying not to read into them too much. OK, that's me lying because I've been spending WAY too much time on Google in the morning. I still don't know what to think but I like feeling positive. I guess in a way I like not knowing yet.  

This weekend was busy. We had our friends C, J and their little girl E over on Saturday. We hung out, ate some crepes, ate some soup, and played some Scattergories while their little one took a nap in our king sized bed. Once she woke up we headed out to cut down our Christmas trees. We went to the same place two years ago and had a great time. We brought the dogs and rode in the back of a pickup truck with them. E thought it was hilarious. On the way back our dog Pepper made a friend with some lady and was all snuggled up on her lap. Good thing she was a dog person. 

We picked a concolor fir tree which I honestly know nothing about. The needles are much longer than usual and W said it was super easy to cut down. The people at the tree farm said it was the most fragrant kind and they were right. Our house smells amazing! We haven't decorated it yet but we have tons of time. 

Today W hung lights outside on the house and garage while I did some work. After, we went out to lunch for gyros and then we went shopping for a new couch. We didn't find anything we loved and our current couch is fine. 

This evening I finally finished the binding on my first quilt. I have a deadline as my friend's baby shower is next Saturday. I'm dropping it off tomorrow to get machine quilted. I will be sure to take a picture when it's totally done, but I love it. I'm really impressed that I was able to teach myself how to quilt so well. I'm no pro or anything, but it really does look great. I know my friend is going to love it. 

I'm glad to be going back to work tomorrow since I won't have the urge to test as much. I'm not going to lie, I did hunt for the tests for a while today and W did a damn good job hiding them. I know I can buy more but I'm not there...yet. I really hope this is the one!

12 comments:

  1. YAY for positivity!! Just praying this is it for you hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my fingers crossed for you! I'm glad you are feeling positive. I really hope that this is it!
    I look forward to seeing the picture of the quilt. You should take a picture of your tree too after you decorate it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this is your time!!! Rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers and toes are still crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute you went searching! Lol! Glad you didn't find them! Just stay in your positive bubble as long as you can! I hope this is it!! Crossing everything for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha that is funny that you went searching!!! I'm glad your husband knows how well to hide them. I bet they are in his car...haha!!!! Anyway I am crossing every finger and toe for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Continuing to hold onto ALL THE HOPE for you, too! I like your method of pee-stick hiding- it's the only fool proof way to keep yourself from doing it! Hoping the next we hear from you is FABULOUS news... you've earned it! (as if it was only about earning, but you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crotch Rocket: love it.

    I really hope this is the one for you! Way to go for keeping the positivity and not testing. Only a couple more days to go. I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! And I've been feeling overwelmed by just the PIO injection! I also take an oral dose of estrace 2x's/day, but that is not anywhere near what you are taking!

    Today was our transfer day so the beginning of our 2ww. I've been thinking we will do the HPT this time around, but I'm a little fearful since our clinic STRONGLY stresses not too. Seems like almost everyone does though, and of course we will want to know!

    I'm crossing my fingers for you. I really hope you get happy news!! I'll be following and cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I commented on here, but I did not. I am a total scatter brain on these drugs! I can not believe you are a week out. One week left!! Im crossing every finger in hope for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can totally relate to what you wrote about not believing in symptoms but googling them anyway!! We probably all do that, wishing the best for you :)

    ReplyDelete