Friday, April 27, 2012

Still Here and the Real 200

I'm still here, but there was just nothing earth shattering to report. I have been feeling exhausted this week paired with fighting off some cold/sinus thing. I had an appointment on Monday and was sufficiently suppressed. I had hoped I would start stims that day, but I was cleared to start Thursday. I didn't ask exactly why but just realized that, once again, I can't control this process.  

This week crawled by. We woke up to snow on Monday and a lot of the schools were closed. It was not a pleasant sight. Then it was cold all week and extra grey. Sometimes living in Upstate NY has serious drawbacks. Like when you don't see the sun for a week straight. Or when you have to worry about your flowers growing outside because there is snow and frost most nights at the end of April. This week was filled with lots of report writing, meetings, and we joined back up at the gym and went all but one day. I'm sure all of these things played into the fact that I have been exhausted. 

This cycle I am still doing 150 of Gonal-F but we switched from Menopur to Luveris. Instead of doing 75 like last time I am doing 37.5. I'm not exactly sure what the difference between Menopur and Luveris is, I'm just trying to go with it. I finally made the jump to request a specific NP and I plan to each monitoring appointment this cycle. At my clinic there are a ton of nurses and at least 4 different NP's. Some seem more aggressive than others and I'm glad I did request Shannan. When I went after the FET I got a NP who said they were going to start me on a super small dose of stims. I don't want OHSS, but I do want a decent number of eggs. Shannan was super friendly and helpful answering any of my questions. She also booked my appointments for Mon, Wed, and Fri of next week at my preferred times. I'm scared to think of how exhausted I will be next week with 6:45 appointments 3 days. 

Dont' forget to enter my GIVEAWAY!! I will pick a winner on Sunday. 

So when I went through all of my posts I realized that I had only published 199 posts and that 1 was a draft. So, this is actually my true 200th post. In keeping with the theme I did for 100 posts I will add some pics so you can better understand and know me.

Fall is my favorite season especially living in the northeast. I just love the colors and how beautiful it makes everything. This is why we chose to get married in the fall.


We bought our house 2 1/2 years ago after living in a tiny cabin in the woods behind my parents' house. We looked at SO MANY houses before we found the right one. It was like trying on wedding dresses, I just knew when we found "the one". 


We have a four year old nephew named Owen.






I kind have a thing about decorating our dining room table seasonally.



I miss Mexico and being on vacation.












4 comments:

  1. Isnt the weather here nuts??! Wishing you lots of luck with this cycle :) ps Fall is my fav too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you as you start stimming :)) Wow - snow !! I grew up in NYC and miss it so much ! Love all your photos... Mexico looks beautiful - will have to go there one day :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is gorgeous! I've been thinking about you lots as you begin this cycle -- hoping it's "the one!"

    ReplyDelete