Friday, June 24, 2011

Pharmacy f*@$ up

I went to pick up my ovidrel yesterday and the girl at the pharmacy counter pulled it out of a drawer. I immediately starting asking questions about it being refrigerated. Long story short, the pharmacist read the insert and told me my options were to take it and it would be good for 30 days or to cancel the order. WTF!! I took it and immediately put it in the fridge when I got home. I was so pissed and ready to cry all at the same time. Can't she figure out what the drug is for and know better than to mess with a woman jacked up on hormones??!!! I talked to the nurse at my clinic today and she said it would be fine. Frustrating to say the least. What was especially frustrating was that the pharmacy did not admit any fault despite the fact that THEY stuck the refrigeration sticker on the box. ARGGHH!!

Apart from that, one week from today I go for my blood work and ultrasound. I have been feeling like time is passing slowly and that I am ready to get this show on the road. I am still relaxed, but impatient. I have starting doing more yoga and meditation and I am eternally grateful to S at Misconceptions about Conception for her generosity and helpful hand this week. I am also so excited for her that her first beta results today were so high.

I went for acupuncture again this week and I still love it. It is so relaxing and I notice I sleep much better the following nights not to mention the little nap I take during.

Sometimes you have to let go and cheat on your no dairy, no fried foods rule. This evening we went out to dinner and I had fried calamari (we shared), lobster ravioli, and a cannoli. I can't begin to describe how delicious it all was. Other than this evening, I have been really good about not eating these foods. Caffeine and wine on the other hand...........
My cat got out of the house and spent the past 24 hours outside. We just got him inside. I did find a dead mouse in the yard this afternoon, but there was also another kitty buddy hanging around that I saw today. Not sure if it was our cat or that one that got the mouse, but I am hoping they shared the head (since it was the only part missing).

I have a calla lilly growing in my flower garden and it is absolutely beautiful. Our hydrangeas are taller than me, which isn't saying a whole lot, and our veggies are starting to grow. I think pictures are in order soon.

8 comments:

  1. How absolutely infuriating about the pharmacy mess up. I would seriously consider contacting the manager and discussing the matter. Perhaps you could get a refund or a replacement...even if it is ok.

    My hydrangeas are dinky...they're barely 2' tall!

    I live halfway between Oneonta and Binghamton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a flower garden! I don't have a green thumb but wish I did. Calla lilies are especially beautiful.

    And I totally agree that sometimes you have to eat "off limits" foods for the sheer pleasure of it. :-)

    Glad you're feeling relaxed and hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa they totally effed up at the pharmacy! I think I would have went ballistic seeing them pull it out of a drawer when I know its supposed to be in the fridge. Wowzers. Ooooh your garden sounds like a sanctuary. Love hydrangeas! :) ps-when are you heading back this way?

    ReplyDelete
  4. its great that you had a yummy dinner and enjoyed it! i think we all need that once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would seriously have wanted to murder the pharmacist. How irresponsible!!! Glad to hear it'll still be fine, but seriously.

    Excited to see pics of the garden- mine's doing pretty well right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from ICLW. Thanks for visiting me.

    So frustrating about the pharmacy. I completely agree--why can't they follow simple instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh god, I would have reacted the same way. That's so careless of them! Good luck at your next appointment..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have gone ballistic on them too. Thankfully my pharmacy has gone out of their way so far to work with me on all my meds and issues, otherwise they'd really be on my list!

    I hope all goes well with your cycle!

    ICLW!

    ReplyDelete