Thursday, September 22, 2016

Summer Vacation

It's hard to believe it's already fall and another summer has come and gone. Here is upstate NY the summers are so short and sweet. I love summer more than any other season and just wish it would last a little longer.

 The second week of August we took a vacation to the Outer Banks, North Carolina. We rented a house with a friend and her family. I met this friend through the local moms of multiples group and she has twin boys that are a few months older than Stella. We rented a three bedroom house in Kitty Hawk and had a fantastic week. Our friends had an awesome setup for the beach complete with a large tent and blow up kiddie pool. The house had a hot tub and in ground small pool we also enjoyed. It was a week full of tons of beach time, fun with friends, and delicious food. The girls did great on the car ride down and we had a rough hour or so on the way home. Not bad for 10 hours or so each way. On the trip down we stopped in Virginia Beach and then spent the following day at the aquarium before driving to the beach house. The trip included many firsts like smores, kite flying, shaved ice, and mini golfing. Lucy even started jumping in the pool without her float. It really was so great! 

Our friends were great and we got along with them despite only meeting the husband once before. To be honest, I know a lot of my friends husbands aren't super helpful with their kids, but it was tough to sit back and watch. It was fine for us, but I'm just glad I'm raising children with the person I am. I know different dynamics work for different people, but I know I wouldn't be happy if I were doing 90% of the work 100% of the time. It's nice to know that when W is home, everything is split at least 50/50. 


















It was so nice to go somewhere different as we went to the beach in Maine the past two years. I hope we can go back another time as I have memories as a child going to the outer banks. It was so much fun and the weather was beautiful. I'm so grateful for these memories I got to make with my family. 

2 comments: