Monday, March 16, 2015

Microblog Mondays: Friends

We've been doing sign language with the girls since they were about six months old. Lately we found a Baby Einstein video on You Tube that is called First Signs. The girls have always loved the Baby Einstein videos and puppets, but this might be their ultimate favorite.

As a result, they've been introduced to some new signs we don't regularly use. One of the signs in the movie is "friend". I honestly didn't know they knew it until today.

This afternoon it was beautiful and almost 50 degrees (one of the first "warm" days since the fall) so we took advantage of it and went for a walk. It was so interesting to me because even though we've taken tons of walks, it was all so new to them. The stroller was new since we haven't used it since the fall and they don't remember it. Walking around the neighborhood was also new and exciting. We did a lot of talking about things and they were really having a great time.

Lucy then initiated a conversation about her sister. She reached to touch her next to her and said "ssss" for sissy. It was then that we started talking about her sister and how she was next to her. They held hands and giggled with each other. It was so cute since they're not used to being in a side-by-side stroller. It was then that I looked down and saw Lucy making the sign for "friend" as we talked about Clara. When I asked if Clara was her friend she started doing it more enthusiastically. Then I looked over and Clara was also trying to make the sign.

I love that they will always have each other as a best friend. It was so sweet to see them talking about their sister and labeling her as a friend. Heart melted.

10 comments:

  1. Such a sweet moment. May they always be best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty much the sweetest thing EVER! I'll have to look for that video-- We've just started trying sign language with Andy because of his language delay- HOLY COW, I never expected it to make such a difference, and so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been doing sign language as well and it's awesome to see my daughter pull out a new sign. I think that it's adorable that they signed friends to each other!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that was the cutest story! I can't wait to see my girls start bonding with each other.

    ReplyDelete