Thursday, August 22, 2013

He's Back

Our kitty Hoback came home on Tuesday afternoon. He's doing very well and we're so happy to have him home. I'm not sure if he has seasonal allergies or a cold, but he is sneezing a lot and sniffly. His eyes are also very watery. He's on antibiotics so I don't think we need to worry much about it. Since he's been home he's been spending a lot of time hanging out next to open windows, sleeping on pillows on the couch, and drinking from the faucets in the bathrooms. He's got a tough life. 

My crazy dreams are also back. Every night for about the past week I've had crazy/bad dreams. This is something that happened a lot early on in my pregnancy, but disappeared for quite a few months. Last night I dreamt I had a baby boy. A family friend came to help out but was doing everything and not giving me a chance to take care of him. I then dreamt my baby was our cat and that I was trying to breast feed him and then give him a bottle. Neither was very successful. The other night I dreamt about 2 snakes, one of which that kept trying to attack me. It finally bit me on my big toe and wouldn't let go. 

I'm sure some of this anxiety in my dreams comes from the fear of having these babies so soon. At best we have 40 days until they arrive. 

I had an ob apointment yesterday with an ultrasound. The girls were measuring a bit different in size. Up until now they have been measuring about the same. A month ago there was a 7% difference between them. Yesterday there was a 13% difference. Baby a was estimated to be 3 lbs 13 oz and baby b was estimated to be 4 lbs 7 oz. They both looked great otherwise though. It's so crazy to have an ultrasound at this point because there are so many body parts everywhere. It's hard to keep it all straight. They had their little heads right next to each other. So cute! My cervix was also staying strong at a bit longer than 3 cm. It hadn't changed much from my last ultrasound a month ago. 

I also had my first non-stress test. Both babies cooperated very well so it didn't take much time. I met and talked with my ob after. It's looking like baby a is still breech and I'm sure very cramped for space. I hope she is able to move, but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed. I'm accepting the possibility of a c section at this point. Whatever gets them here the safest way is the most important. Dr. R said he doesn't worry about the size difference until there is a 20% difference between them. 

I can't believe how soon these girls will be here! It's getting really exciting. I just wish we could settle on some names for these girls. 


  1. So excited for you! We had one breech baby too and decided on a scheduled c section at about 34 weeks- we made it to our date at 38+2 and the Csection and recovery were both much better/easier than I expected. Ultrasounds at this point seem a little crazy, right? Like a bag of baby parts- so hard to get accurate measurements!

  2. I giggled at the image of the snake biting your toe and not letting to, but that would have been a nightmare for me too! At most 40 days? Ahh, I'm so excited for you! My MFM doctor said told me the same thing about the 20% difference in their sizes.