Monday, November 12, 2012

It's the Little Things in Life

I've feeling much better than I did Friday night. I slept for almost 12 hours on Friday night and took a nap Saturday during the day. That definitely helped. 

On Sunday W came with me to yoga. It was a hot vinyasa class and it kicked my butt! At first I was directly under the heat vent and was sweating so much I couldn't hold any pose long for fear of slipping off my mat. I eventually moved a little further away and that helped, but I just didn't feel strong during the class. I think fighting off the cold and having my period took it's toll on my body. Last week I felt really great during the same class but this week it was super challenging for me. 

I still enjoyed going and especially enjoyed the hot tub, sauna, and steam shower after. 

I recently found out all yoga classes are free there for us because we are patients at the fertility center. They buildings are connected and there also have massage and acupuncture available there. They offer one free acupuncture session with a transfer, so I usually take them up on that offer. I haven't been going to acupuncture regularly because it didn't seem to make a huge difference for me. Sure, I enjoyed it, but it didn't seem worth all the money. 

The headaches are getting a bit better but I am bruising so badly with my shots. I started Lovenox and baby aspirin last week and I don't think that is helping the cause. Any tips to reduce bruising? At this rate my entire stomach will be covered. I've been avoiding the right side of my stomach completely because I can't seem to find a single spot that doesn't bruise. It's not the best look. 

My next appointment is Wednesday morning. Our tentative transfer day is exactly two weeks from today! 

I bought something this week I'm super excited about it. It's really shows how it's the little things in life that make me happy.

 Last year we hosted Thanksgiving and our local supermarket had turkey butter sculptures for sale (it would fit in your hand if you wanted to hold a buttery little turkey). I missed my chance to get one as they sold out quickly. Well, this past week I saw them and snatched one up. I was so excited I even had to tell the cashier. 
Isn't he cute?
The New York State Fair is nearby and one of the main attractions is the giant butter sculpture. Maybe it's an upstate NY thing, but it's something we always have to check out when we go.
The sculpture from 2 years ago at the fair.
While you're in the dairy building, you better get some 25 cent chocolate milk.  Can't you tell I'm excited about it?
 I can't wait for that little buttery turkey to grace the Thanksgiving table with its presence. That is, until someone chops off his little head for their mashed potatoes. 

4 comments:

  1. That is awesome that your clinic offers those services. I bet those butter turkeys are so cute! You should post a picture!! Wishing you the best as you start your next cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe your clinic offers those amenities! Glad that you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helpful tip on the Lovenox. When you squeeze the skin to insert needle, release the skin once the needle is in, and then inject. I've been putting mine in my thigh this pregnancy. I feel I bruise less on my thighs then my belly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL, what a funny butter turkey.

    WAY cool that you get free classes b/c of your clinic. Makes sense to me! Vinyasa kicked my butt last week as well. Always interesting how much it changes from class to class for me.

    ReplyDelete