Sunday, July 8, 2012

It's About Damn Time!

Aunt Flo decided to finally show up today. This cycle was 42 days. The first two weeks of this cycle I had hope. I felt positive about getting a shot at a natural pregnancy. I was relaxed.

On the 13th and 14th days of this cycle I had positive ovulation tests. For the next two weeks I hoped. I peed on things only to find a single line every time. 

Then AF didn't show up  two weeks after the positive tests. I went into my clinic for blood work and an ultrasound and was told I ovulated. I didn't ask when, but don't think they would have been able to tell me even if I had asked. 

The past two weeks have been extremely difficult. I have processed the pregnancy announcement from my sister all while waiting for my period to show up. I was depressed, confused, and most of all angry that my body once again failed me. 

42 days. I thought Metformin was supposed to help regulate cycles. No dice on that one. Is a pregnancy even possible with a cycle that long? I know I ovulated, but would the egg be any good if ovulated on day 28? I highly doubt it. 

This past week was tough. I am starting to get excited that I am going to be an aunt. It's just hard. We are so ready for it to be our turn. 

On a different note Aunt Flo showing up gives me a fresh start. It gives me some positivity back. It makes time pass a little more quickly. I'm not rushing time because I love summer, but I hate feeling like we are stuck in neutral. I need to be moving towards that whole mommy goal. 

5 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad she finally showed up! I got pregnant twice when I ovulated on day 27, but those obviously didn't work out for me. My RE swears that longer cycles don't mean that your eggs are bad. I dunno how I feel about it. I guess I have a bad attitude since mine didn't work out. Anyways, I am glad that you now a have a fresh start. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad she showed! I HATE waiting on her! YAY for a fresh start! I am looking forward to the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for closure on this cycle. Isn't it amazing how our bodies can play cruel tricks on us like this? Hoping this week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cycle was long for me ad well, 46 days! The last week I also had hope. Hope is great thing but crushing as well. Good luck for the fresh start. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that I'm so far behind on your news :(... and sorry to hear that your cycle dragged on through such an emotional time. Thinking of you and cycling with you... hopefully this will be the one for us :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete