Saturday, November 20, 2010

Taking Action

I finally called the doctor's office. I called on Friday around 2, but didn't get a call back. I wasn't exactly sure what to say, but it went a little like this "Hi, I'm a patient of Dr. ___ and we have decided we want to do IVF. We aren't sure exactly whether we should meet with the doctor now or not because we were thinking the beginning of the year..." I rambled on to the receptionist. When she got a chance to speak she said, "I will put you through to the nurse and you can talk to her." I felt a little embarrassed, but this is why I have been putting this phone call off. I have been scared of what to say and how to say it. Well I was only able to leave a message for the nurse, and am waiting to hear back.

My period did end up coming the following day. It is just about gone now, but I was glad to see it to be honest. I have a birth control prescription that I can get filled, so I think I might do that today.




I got a few books about IVF this week. I only read a majority of one of them so far, but it seems I have also read on the internet that most doctors place their patients on a birth control pill a month or more before starting IVF. In addition, with the PCOS, it makes me less likely to form any new cysts.

I started feeling really optimistic about the IVF yesterday. I think it if probably the book I am reading, but I need to feel a little more optimistic about it. I have been spending so much time being so worried it won't work. I need to feel more optimistic. It is hard to put a price tag on having a child, but that is exactly what we are doing. It seems so unfair that people get pregnant without even trying.


Lately it seems like every time I log onto Facebook another friend of mine is announcing their pregnancy. This week there were two days in a row where I saw this. I told myself I was going to stay off Facebook, but I obviously didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment